Active participant: 250 Eur (9 days of the Academy events, 7 active days – individual lessons from June 28 to July 6, and concerts – recitals, appearances with orchestra and violoncello ensembles).
Active participant program (everything covered by tuition fee):
- 5 individual lessons with a chosen pedagogue. The participant will be eligible for 5 lessons with 5 pedagogues of the Academy. However, it is possible to divide 5 lessons between 2 pedagogues (ex. 3 lessons with one pedagogue and 2 lessons with another pedagogue or 3+1+1 lessons). The participant will be asked to indicate his/her preferences while filling the application. Duration of an individual lesson is 60 min.
- Violoncello ensemble (pedagogue Joseph Hasten). The Academy offers not only individual lessons, but also ensemble and violoncello orchestra sessions. Ensemble line-up to be announced after the registration is over.
- Appearance at the KIVA 2018 closing concerts.
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra (artistic director Mindaugas Bačkus).
- Antonio Vivaldi – Concerto for violoncello and orchestra in C minor, RV 401.
- Edward Elgar – Concerto for violoncello and orchestra Op. 85 (arranged for violoncello and string orchestra by Thomas Fuschelberger).
- Joseph Haydn – Concerto for violoncello and orchestra in C major, Hob. VIIb:1.
- Piotr Tchaikovsky – Variations on a Rococo Theme, Op.33 (version with string orchestra).
- Play Violoncello – Move Yourself! Everyone is invited to start a day at the creative movement laboratory together with the artists of the Padi Dapi Fish Dance Company (leader Agnija Šeiko). Depending on the weather conditions, the sessions will take place either outside or in the dance theatre studio.
- Participation in KIVA 2018 concerts and recreational cultural events is free of charge (accreditation card is mandatory).
- Participation in the violoncello choir (leader Algirdas Biveinis). At the closing concert on July 6th, dedicated to the Coronation of the Lithuanian King Mindaugas, the participants of the Academy will have the chance not only to play but also sing in the choir of the violoncellists. We hope, that this unique possibility to sing Lithuanian anthem will kindle the communal feeling and deliver memorable experience.
- Participation in an improvised violoncello and dance art night Open Air JamSession on July 3rd. You are invited to discover other violoncello possibilities in improvisation with DJ and contemporary dancers.
Passive participant: 50 Eur (9 days of Academy events from June 28 to July 6).
Only full-time (9 days) participants are eligible for the Academy participant certificates.
Passive participant program (everything covered by tuition fee):
- Admission to individual lessons.
- Participation in improvised violoncello and dance art night Open Air JamSession on July 3rd. You are invited to discover other violoncello possibilities in improvisation with DJ and contemporary dancers.
- The passive participant is eligible for participation in violoncello orchestra and choir.
- Participation in KIVA 2018 concerts and events is free of charge (accreditation card is mandatory).
KIVA 2018 does not cover the participants’ travel and accommodation expenses.
We offer a budget accommodation (10 Eur per night per person) for the Academy participants at the Klaipėda S. Šimkus Conservatoire dormitory (Jūros st. 17). It is located in the city centre, close to study and concert venues.
Tuition fee reimbursement
The tuition fee cannot be refund after the participant’s registration is confirmed.
Registration to KIVA 2018 begins in May 2018. When filling an application the participant can indicate the chosen professors. The registration closes on June 10, 2018.
Fill the application form here » Upon registering you will receive a confirmation.
For more information: www.celloklaipeda.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +370 672 99960.
Important dates of the KIVA 2018
June 17 – end of the registration.
June 24 – announcement of the schedule.
June 28 – arrival and registration of the participants.
July 6 – closing concert.
July 7 – departure of the participants.