€ 14, € 18
Klaipėda Drama Theatre, Grand Hall
Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra
Artistic Director Mindaugas Bačkus
Soloist Matthew Barley (cello, United Kingdom)
Programme: an improvised suite for cello, string orchestra and percussion
A night concert with the Klaipėda Chamber Orchestra (artistic director and conductor Mindaugas Bačkus) invites us to extend the rich celebration of the festival opening. The orchestra and UK cello star Matthew Barley will introduce music tinged with buoyant Brazilian colours, including a legendary worldwide hit of the mid-1960s, The Girl from Ipanema, written by the king of Brazilian bossa nova, Antônio Carlos Jobim. The charismatic improviser offers musical gourmets an exceptional musical treat with more than 50% hot Brazilian sound, seasoned with the music from different eras including Bach, Handel, Barber, McLaughlin, and the almighty improvisation.
“There’s nothing better than being completely in the moment, and one of the most important ingredients for that is the atmosphere the audience creates in the hall. It’s a magical alchemy, and there are things you can say here that you can’t say with written music,” says Barley.
INFORMATION FOR CONCERT GOERS
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.