Klaipėda Culture Communication Centre (Didžioji vandens st. 2)
Vincent Courtois (cello, France)
Programme: cello improvisations
The night concert can be described as an alchemy of contemporary jazz and the cello. Like an alchemist, renowned French cellist Vincent Courtois will use his artistic powers and spells to try to unravel the mystery of immortality and eternal life. One of the few masters of this instrument in jazz, Courtois has been releasing solo albums since 1990. A classical training endowed the cello virtuoso with precision, control of the instrument, and an impeccable technique. Courtois’s music paradoxically combines freedom with uncanny precision and attention to detail. His performances, aptly described by some as “unique musical explorations,” are based on a spirit of trust and mutual engagement. This spirit was evident to the Vilnius Jazz 2018 audience when Courtois gave his spectacular concert there. And tonight he will be spreading the magic of cello improvisation in Klaipėda.
INFORMATION FOR CONCERT GOERS
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.