Klaipėda Castle Museum, Northern Curtain Wall
Cello Club: Arnas Kmieliauskas, Evaldas Petkus, Domas Jakštas, Povilas Jacunskas, Rokas Vaitkevičius, Gleb Pyšniak, Dainius Misiūnas, Šarūnas Pozniakovas
Choreographer and dancer Niels Claes (Šeiko Dance Company)
Programme: Michael Gordon 8
This performance will prove that the cello can also dance. The Cello Club, an ensemble of cellists from Vilnius, and Agnija Šeiko’s dance company will join forces for this event. The minimalist, undulating and trance-like work 8 by American composer Michael Gordon not only conjures up the sound of eight cellos, but also inspires movement artists with its unique expression. A spectacle fusing various performing arts disciplines by Niels Claes, a Belgian dancer and choreographer, who has been based in Lithuania since 2015 and also made a name for himself in the Netherlands, Israel, Germany, Belgium, Hungary and other countries. In 2017, Niels Claes and Gintarė Marija Ščavinskaitė were awarded Golden Stage Cross as the best dance performers of the year for their duo project Aside. In 2021, he received his second Golden Stage Cross as the best dancer for his roles in dance performances of the Šeiko Dance Company.
Today, with the enormous popularity of homogeneous ensembles in Europe, the charismatic musicians of the Cello Club will prove how immersive the sound of eight (!) cellos can be. The Cello Club was formed in 2020 by some of the most outstanding Lithuanian cellists, members of major Lithuanian orchestras, and soloists, who have encoded a message of openness in the group’s name. In their programmes, they often blur the boundaries between serious art and entertainment.
INFORMATION FOR CONCERT GOERS
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.