€ 18, € 24
Klaipėda Concert Hall, Main Auditorium
OPENING CONCERT OF THE FESTIVAL
Lithuanian State Symphony Orchestra
Artistic Director and Chief Conductor Gintaras Rinkevičius
Soloists: David Geringas (cello, Lithuania / Germany), Raphael Wallfisch (cello, United Kingdom), Jérôme Pernoo (cello, France)
Programme: Edward Elgar, William Walton, Gerald Finzi
The opening concert of the festival will be like a colourful welcome salute, featuring an exceptional programme with some of the festival’s headliners. The programme of popular cello concerti composed by the British composers will feature the Lithuanian State Symphony Orchestra (Artistic Director and Chief Conductor Gintaras Rinkevičius) and three outstanding soloists. David Geringas was born in Lithuania and is now a member of the world’s contemporary classical music elite, after whom the International Klaipėda Cello Competition (which, incidentally, opens today) was named in 2021. Raphael Wallfisch (UK) is one of the most recorded classical artists in the world. A BBC survey named Wallfisch’s recording of the Dvořák’s Cello Concerto the best recording of the work in the past 25 years. Jérôme Pernoo (France) is also a cellist with an impressive recording portfolio, who plays both the modern and baroque cello, and is frequently involved in artistic fusion projects. For instance, he has collaborated with the choreographer Régine Chopinot in a staged production of Bach’s Suites for Solo Cello, which toured worldwide.
What a pleasure to immerse yourselves in mellifluous, dazzling and virtuosic music performed by such great musicians! The orchestra and soloists will spread the spirit of works by British composers Edward Elgar, Sir William Walton and Gerald Finzi, nostalgically reminiscent of the artistic energy of the early twentieth century, interrupted by the outbreak of the First World War, and revived today with renewed power.
Information for concert goers
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- 50% off for children under 7 years of age (admitted only to the educational programmes);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.