The Culture Factory, Cinema Club 8 ½
Introduction by Edvinas Pūkšta and screening of the film
Director Yōjirō Takita (Japan, 2008), with subtitles in Lithuanian and English
This time, one of the cello’s thousand faces shows light sadness in a bit of a philosophical mood: through the eyes of the film makers, it looks at death, as if to say that death is always lurking close by, so don’t be afraid of it! This is the main theme in a Japanese film Okuribito (Departures, 2008, dir. Yōjirō Takita, subtitled in English and Lithuanian), which tells the story of a cellist’s life. When the orchestra is disbanded, the cellist Daigo and his wife go to the countryside – to the birthplace where he spent his childhood, to the home his father left behind when Daigo was little and found another woman, to the house where Daigo’s mother once lived and died alone. A musician gets a job in a funeral parlour: his job is to wash the bodies of the dead and perform the farewell ceremonies… Edvinas Pūkšta will tell you more about the film and the magic of cinema.
INFORMATION FOR CONCERT GOERS
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.