Klaipėda Puppet Theatre
Performers: Alasdair Fraser (violin, USA), Natalie Haas (cello, USA)
Programme: Scottish folk tunes and improvisations
Is there any music that the cello cannot play? There is no such thing! And how the cello goes wild playing Scottish folk music! You will have the opportunity to find this out at the festival’s night concert. Far from resembling the stillness of the night, it promises a raft of incendiary melodies, infectious rhythms and exhilarating improvisations on Scottish traditional themes. Joining the audience for the party is a duo from the USA: Alasdair Fraser (wee fiddle), dubbed “Michael Jordan of the Scottish fiddle,” who has performed on film soundtracks including The Last of the Mohicans and Titanic and has been inducted into the Scottish Traditional Music Hall of Fame; and Natalie Haas (big fiddle), considered one of the most sought-after cellists on the traditional music scene. Their programme seeks to return the cello to its historic place in the rhythmic dance music of Scotland, where it shone for hundreds of years before it was ‘relegated’ to the orchestra. The duo’s debut album of Scottish music, Fire & Grace, was voted Album of the Year at the 2004 Scots Trad Music Awards – a Scottish equivalent of the Grammy.
INFORMATION FOR CONCERT GOERS
- We ask all visitors to stay at home, if you have fever (at least 37.3 C) or experienced symptoms that cannot be attributed to a pre-existing condition or injury (cough, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty of breathing, fatigue, loss of taste or smell, muscle or body aches, etc.).
- As organisers we have the right to ask authorized professionals to photograph or film our events. Photographs and/or video recordings may be used in our printed publications and/or on our website, in social media, in other publicity materials, or in third-party media. Please be aware of such possibility while attending our events. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed in the above manner (without the attribution of your identity), you have a right to request that your image be removed from the digital server and from any publicity material on the web by email email@example.com or telephone +370 650 17988.
- 50% off for schoolchildren, students, senior citizens and people with disabilities (appropriate cards to be shown);
- Admission free for persons in wheelchairs (appropriate cards to be shown ) and 50% off for one accompanying person;
- 10% off for group bookings (20 and more tickets for one event);
- 100% off for schoolchildren and students of the Klaipėda art schools (appropriate ID cards to be shown), which include: Klaipėda Stasys Šimkus Conservatory, Klaipėda Juozas Karosas Music School, Klaipėda Eduardas Balsys Gymnasium of Arts, Klaipėda Jeronimas Kačinskas Music School, Klaipėda Faculty of the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre, Klaipėda Adomas Brakas School of Art. A transaction fee of € 1.20 is applied when purchasing tickets via the BILIETAI ticketing system.